Baked Eggs in Portobello Mushroom Caps
- farm fresh eggs
- portobello mushroom caps
- slices of prosciutto
- black pepper
- fresh parsley or thyme
- a little olive oil
- Clean the portobello mushroom caps with a damp cloth, remove the stem and scrape out the gills so you have a well deep enough for the egg.
- Rub a little bit of olive oil on the outside of the mushroom to help it cook and keep it from sticking to the pan. Arrange the caps on a baking sheet.
- Place one slice of prosciutto inside the mushroom cap.
- Crack each egg into a small bowl and then carefully slide it onto a prosciutto-filled mushroom cap.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and fresh herbs of choice – I used parsley but thyme would be great as well. (The prosciutto is salty so I don’t recommend adding more.)
- CAREFULLY place the baking pan into the pre-heated 375 degree F oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. The amount of time required depends on how thick your mushrooms are and how done you like your eggs.
Group Cycle today–come and play at Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50 and if you happen to miss today you get another chance to play on Friday when I sub Cycle for Lisa! Just think….TWO Cycle classes with me in one week! Can you handle it??