- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of ginger
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/3 cup honey (or agave syrup)
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
- In a separate large bowl combine pumpkin, zucchini, honey/agave, oil, egg, and vanilla until well combined and smooth. Whisk in almond milk. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few for sprinkling on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove bread from pan and transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
You can also bake these into muffins, but may need to adjust baking time. I would check them at 20 minutes. You can also use different types of chocolate chips to make this bread your own, even add in a handful of toasted pecans or walnuts for healthy fats. Or really jazz it up and add a 1/2 cup of coconut to this bread to make it extra special.
Boot Camp today—INTERVALS! One dumbbell, one body, one dumbbell, one body! You got this! Just show up! Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50 pm Octane Studio. See you soon!