- 1 bag vanilla chai tea
- Hot water
- 2 T heavy whipping cream (substitute with almond milk for a low-fat, THM:FP option that’s not quite as creamy)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Cinnamon and cloves, to taste
- Hearty dash of salt
- Dash vanilla extract
- 1 T vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 doonks THM Pure Stevia Extract Powder, to taste (a doonk is 1/32 tsp.)
- Ice cubes
- Steep the tea bag in a coffee mug full of hot water for at least 5 minutes (even longer is great).
- Meanwhile, add all the other ingredients to a quart-sized jar with a lid. Shake well to combine and make the cream frothy. Fill the jar pretty much all the way up with ice cubes, then pour the tea over the top (it should come very near the top of the jar, but if it doesn’t for some reason, feel free to add extra water and/or unsweetened almond milk). Stir to combine everything and taste. Adjust to your liking; I added more salt. You can also add more sweetener, as well as more spices for a stronger flavor. Feel free to use another tea bag for a stronger flavor as well, especially if you’re not going to be drinking this all right away and it’ll get watered down some.
- Trim Healthy Mamas, this is NOT meant to be an all-day sipper. Because of the cream (and even the amount of almond milk) it contains, you need to drink this within an hour with your meal or snack (or add more protein powder to make it into a snack itself) so you don’t keep trickle-feeding your body with fuel to burn. Feel free to use more almond milk in place of the cream for a FP drink (it just won’t be as creamy).
Boot Camp at Fuel Fitness today will be LOADS of fun–as in SHARE the Load! WHATTTTT? Yep–outside (God and weather willing) 12:10 – 12:50 Be there!! And if you haven’t heard….I will be taking the month of June OFF! Yes, you read that right. So, don’t miss a day in MAY!