- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat bran (Can sub for rolled oats, quick oats or oat flour, however see notes)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (Can sub for soy nut butter or nut butter of choice if not allergen specific)
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup (can sub for any sticky sweetener however see notes)
- Chocolate chips/fruits etc (optional)
- Line a deep baking tray or pan with grease proof paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oat bran and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stove top, melt the sunflower seed butter with the brown rice syrup until combined.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix well until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture into the lined pan and press into it firmly. If desired, top with chocolate chips or fruit etc and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove and cut into bars or lunch box sized squares
- Depending on what type of grain base type you use and sweetener you may need to adjust the sweetener amount and/or grain amount- Follow this procedure- If too wet, add an extra 1/4 cup of oats. If too dry, add an extra tablespoon of sticky sweetener until a firm batter is formed.
- Bars can be kept at room temperature covered for up to a week or refrigerated/frozen for up to a month+.
DON’T FORGET YOUR 21 PUSH UPS… And it’s ECLIPSE DAY!