Strawberry crispy energy balls have a crunchy kid pleasing texture. The snack is low in sugar and calories but high in iron, fiber and protein. Try this easy, no bake recipe today.
- 1½ cups whole rolled oats (chopped lightly in food processor)
- 1½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup flax seed (ground)
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
Stir together peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a small mixing bowl until smooth
Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Pour peanut butter mixture over dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
Chill mixture for 20 minutes to several hours. Press 2 tablespoons of mixture together into small balls and store in a covered glass container.
(You can also press the mix into a greased 9″ X 13″ pan, chill, and cut into 4 rows of 8 squares.)
Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Power Strength today… at Fuel Fitness outside (smoke permitting) invite a friend! It’s from 12:10 – 12:50. Friends that lift together, stay together! (38 push ups today)