This Halloween themed margarita looks the part with bright orange liquid and a salty, black rim. But be warned, the black sea salt is intensely strong, and it is advisable to sip this drink through a straw to avoid saline overload!
Yield: 1 Cocktail
- 25 ml triple sec
- 25 ml Reposado Tequila
- 1-2 limes
- 60 ml sugar syrup
- Black sea salt for the rim
- Orange colouring (This neon orange gel works a treat)
- Make the sugar syrup if you don’t have any prepared. Add equal parts of caster sugar and water to a pan. Dissolve the sugar and then put in the fridge to cool.
- Crush up a handful of black sea salt and spread over a plate.
- Cut a wedge of lime and slit it down the middle then wipe it around the rim of a Margarita glass and get busy dipping each section of the rim circumference into the salt. Use the a knife to carefully push the salt around the edge if it doesn’t stick readily.
- Squeeze 20 ml of fresh lime.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour in the tequila, Cointreau, lime, sugar syrup and orange juice.
- Shake for about 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
Join me for a “Goulish” Halloween group cycle ride. You bring the tricks and I’ll bring the treats! See you soon. Fuel Fitness Octane Studio 12:10