I know you’re thinking “I shouldn’t eat after 6” right? But what if your STARVING? Well, chances are if that’s the case you won’t sleep soundly until you nosh on a little sompin, sompin. Might as well make it healthy right? Take a gander at these fun ideas!
We will be outside today for Power Strength–get some dumb bells and your body weight for some kick butt, empowering strength training. Be ready to sweat, not from JUST the sun. Bring WATER and your smiles! See you soon at Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50
I’m sorry, but I can’t resist these EASY 3 ingredient recipes. Not only are they easy, but they are healthy. Want to be a fat burner and not a sugar burner? Start incorporating coconut oil into your diet.
- ¾ cup unsalted, natural almond butter
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¾ cup unsalted, roasted almonds, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- optional topping: 1 tablespoon unsalted, roasted almonds, finely chopped
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside. Clear some space out in the freezer for this pan—you will need it later.
- Use the double boiler method or the following. Add chocolate chips and almond butter to a medium, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 20-second increments, until softened and melted. Stir between heating, until smooth and thoroughly combined. Fold in almonds and salt, if using.
- Scoop about 2 ½ tablespoons of this mixture into a cupcake liner. Repeat until all liners have been filled. Gently tap the muffin pan to create smooth, even cups. Optionally, top with finely chopped almonds.
Freeze for 15-20 minutes. Peel off cupcake liners and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks in the fridge.
Group Cycle today–won’t you come and play? Take refuge in a beautifully air conditioned room with FABULOUS music and exciting drills! YEP! I said exciting. You better come and check it out. Fuel Fitness Octane Studio 12:10 – 12:50
Weekly Workout homework has returned! Enter: 7th Heaven!
Here’s how it works:
1+3+3=7! 1 daily exercise + 3 sets/24 reps + 3 variations = 7 days! (I really had to make sure this all added up to 7–you know me and my math skills) So, you will do SQUATS on Monday. Just do 24 regular squats, then pulse them 24X, then hold for 24 seconds and repeat 2 more times. DONE! So easy….
Here’s the daily list:
- Monday – Squats
- Tuesday – Push ups
- Wednesday – Alternating lunges
- Thursday – Dips
- Friday – Crunches
- Saturday – Triangle push ups (or tricep push ups)
- Sunday – Squats
You can get some relief from this by using the ice-and-stretch routine on this web-site. You will get the best results by icing on the side of the base of the neck and stretching that area before trying to stretch the back of the base of the neck. After ice and stretch, try this routine of breathing to relieve upper back pain. the upper rib heads will often click loose and the trigger point will release.
This can be very tough to resolve yourself and it can take weeks and weeks to resolve on its own. See a trigger point specialist for lasting relief.
Power Strength today at Fuel Fitness Octane Studio = BARBELL PUMP like you’ve never experienced before. C’mon….I know you missed me! Don’t miss my first Power Strength class back!
SERVINGS: About 2 and only about 115 calories per serving!
- About 2 Cups of Ice
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brewed Coffee (unsweetened)
- 1 Chopped Frozen Banana
- 1 Scoop of Protein Powder (Chocolate or Vanilla)
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth (start with less ice and keep adding more until you get the consistency you like). Feel free to add a little plain greek yogurt or peanut butter to make it richer.
- You can also puree this recipe (with an unfrozen banana), and pour it over ice. Keep in mind that this will lower the servings.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and add some of your own favorite ingredients (unsweetened cocoa powder, greek yogurt, flax meal, coconut milk, oatmeal, chia seeds, peanut butter, etc.)
- Be sure to use a protein powder that you love. If you find the protein powder taste to be a little overwhelming, try using just 1/2 a scoop, and add a little plain greek yogurt.
Use more or less banana depending on how sweet you would like your drink (the frozen banana also makes it a lot creamier– closer to a shake than a smoothie).
I’M BAAAAACK!! I really am! Boot Camp today is PODS! Yup! Can you believe it? Bring sunscreen, lip balm, a hat and WATER!!! Can’t wait to see you ALL! Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50 OUTSIDE!
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I challenge you to do this for every night for seven days….report back to me your success!
Group Cycle today! I’M BACK!!! Come see me Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50 Octane Studio!