2 pounds squash, peeled, deseeded, and roughly chopped
1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
Drizzle olive oil
3 cups vegetable broth
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon coriander
½ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cayenne
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon thyme
¼ cup reduced fat coconut milk (or milk of choice)
For the optional garnish:
1. Place squash pieces, onion, and garlic into a slow cooker.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and add vegetable broth.
3. Sprinkle over ginger, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, sea salt, and pepper.
4. Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high heat for 4 hours.
5. Using a hand blender, blend the ingredients until smooth (if you do not have a hand blender, you can transfer the ingredients to a regular blender or food processor, just be careful when blending hot liquids!).
6. Add thyme and coconut milk and blend for a few more seconds until incorporated.
7. Garnish with chives and pumpkin seeds (optional).
I made this and it’s SPECTACULAR! Super easy–the crock pot does the work!
Sweat, Strength and Stabilize S3. That’s the name of the game today in Boot Camp at Fuel Fitness. We’ll be sweatin it out in the Octane Studio exactly at 12:10! You coming?