I whipped up this little delight for dinner tonight in literally 15 minutes (that’s because it took the water awhile to boil). So YUM and healthy! serves 2
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package directions (half of a 1-pound box)
- 2 T. of coconut oil
- 2 T. garlic powder
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, de-veined, and cleaned with tails off (I prefer 12-15 count shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- 1/2 c. chicken broth (or water)
- 2 T. parsley
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the butter and heat over medium-high heat to melt.
- Stir in the garlic powder.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes total, or until just pink and cooked through. Flip shrimp halfway through cooking. Cooking time will vary based on size of shrimp and pan used; don’t overcook or shrimp will become rubbery and tough.
- Add the lemon juice, optional lemon zest, and stir briefly to combine.
Turn the heat to low, add the pasta to skillet with the shrimp, and toss to combine and coat. Taste, check for seasoning balance, and make any desired tweaks (add more salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, etc.). Add parsley and Parmesan cheese right before serving. Serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat gently prior to serving.
Dearest Boot Campers! For your camping pleasure you will need this camping gear:
- Medicine Ball
- Sweat Towel
The End! See you soon 12:10 – 12:50 Octane Studio at Fuel Fitness