Meal prep really CAN be fun! It’s just a matter of being prepared, that’s all. So, what are some tricks to the “prep” life?
- Make your shopping list well ahead of time before you go grocery shopping
- Plan your menus (including left overs) for the week
- Purchase fresh produce that you KNOW you’ll eat ONLY for one week (don’t overbuy)
- Chop it the day you buy it
- Portion out veggies and protein in portion sized containers
- Weigh and measure EVERYTHING
- Always keep your knives sharp and cutting boards clean
- Prep snacks complete with fat sources (like nuts/trail mix) as well
- Enjoy the fruits of your hard work!