- 1 c. salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. granulated white sugar (substitute coconut sugar)
- 1/2 c. light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 c. all-purpose flour (substitute coconut flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar (substitute coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Using an electric mix cream butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add sugars and pumpkin puree and beat well. Add egg and vanilla to mixture and mix until fully incorporated, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing as you go until is just incorporated.
- Cover bowl with dough in it with plastic wrap and chill at least one hour.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat over to 350 degrees. In a small bowl mix cinnamon sugaringredients together. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll cooking into balls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough). Coat with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Baked for 12-14 minutes or until they are slightly firm to the touch. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
(Credit: Julie’s Eats and Treats for the recipe!)