Snicker Oat bars
¾ c. organic smooth peanut butter
2 T. coconut oil melted
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp. phsalt
1 ½ c. rolled oats
10 – 12 Medjool dates (get them at Costco while they last)
¼ c. peanuts, plain
1 c. semi-sweet chips or (Lillies)
1 T. coconut oil
2 T. peanuts finely chopped
Sea salt to taste (optional)
1) Line a 9 X 5 loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside
2) In a medium bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and stir to combine. Add oats and mix well (might use your hands). Transfer to prepared loaf pan and pat into a layer using your hands and spatula.
3) Place pitted Medjool dates inside side down, a butterfly shape, tightly in a single layer leaving no gaps. Sprinkle with 1/3 c. peanuts.
4) Melt chocolate chips with coconut oil either in microwave or double boiler. Pour over layers and spread with spatula. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and sea salt. Freeze for about an hour or until chocolate is firm.
5) Remove from pan by holding parchment paper and cut into 11 – 12 bars. Enjoy frozen!!
339 calories per bar
Best Hummus Recipe EVER!
30 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained with liquid reserved (use 2 15 oz. ORGANIC canned beans)
1/3 c. chickpea liquid, or more if needed
½ c. Tahini
¼ c. olive oil
2 lemons juiced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. salt
Olive oil, paprika, fresh parsley
1) Add all the ingredients to your blender and secure the lid. Remove the lid cap and insert tamper.
2) Blend on high for 30 seconds (or more for a creamier texture) and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades. Add more chickpea liquid, if desired, for a softer hummus.
Oh boy it’s COOOOOLD outside! We’ll be INSIDE doing some QUADRANTS in Power Strength! You coming? See you soon!!! Fuel Fitness 12:10 – 12:50