Nothing satisfies like a great bowl of soup especially if you are time crunched and don’t have time to let it simmer all day. This is my fast go to fave! Check it out:
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 large piece Parmesan rind
- 6 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. cooked white beans (cannellini)
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 c. baby spinach
- (I added shrimp to boost the protein)
In a large pot, saute` garlic and pepper flakes until fragrant 30 seconds. Add rind, broth, beans and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes. Slowly drizzle eggs into hot soup, constantly stirring with a fork. Stir in spinach; cook until wilted. Discard rind, then throw in shrimp. Cook until pink. Divide soup among bowls; top with Parmesan cheese.
You ready for some 10 – 10- 10? It’s TIME! All you gotta do is show up and I’ll take care of the rest. Fuel Fitness, Octane Studio 12:10 – 12:50. Come one, come all, let’s have a BALL!