One of the things I hear the most is: “I don’t have time to meal prep”. What I say is: “you don’t have time NOT to!” Meal prep is as hard as you make it. Meal prep is a necessary evil because if you fail to plan you might as well plan to fail. It’s really not that hard. Here are some tips to make it more…”.palatable”! HA! Sundays just seem to make the most sense to knock out meal prep so get your shopping done then so you can get your CHOPPING done.
- Make a huge tupperware bowl full of salad fixings that you can grab and go for lunch or dinner
- Make breakfast in pint jars using oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese as the base where you can throw different toppings in daily
- Broil, bake or grill up different protein sources and proportion them out in serving sizes for the week, freeze what you don’t use
- Keep protein sources in the freezer as a staples so you always have them on hand
- Chop up all veggies for the week an portion them out as snacks or side dishes for lunch or dinner
- Make your own trail mix with almonds, walnuts, pecans, raisins, and cacao chips and portion out as snacks (1/4 c.) is a serving
- Keep protein powder serving sizes in baggies in case of emergencies at work
- Keep a variety of olive oils and vinegars on hand in serving sizes to keep it exciting
- Hard boil eggs weekly (2 eggs is one serving) to grab and go
Boot Camp baby TODAY! You coming? We’re gonna be doing some High Fives!! You up for the challenge?? Gonna be FUN! See you soon…Fuel Fitness Octane Studio 12:10 – 12:50.